The American Association
of Amateur Astronomers
The American Association of
Amateur Astronomers offers you the following services.
- The American Association of Amateur Astronomers is proud
to support The Astronomical League, a federation of 232 astronomy clubs, with over 16,000 members
- Join The Astronomical League as a
Member-at-Large and receive the AL's quarterly magazine,
- We provide periodic notification of major events like star parties (Texas Star Party, Nebraska Star Party, Winter Star
Party, etc.), national observatory activities, and general goings-on in the amateur astronomy community
when they become available.
AAAA Info Kit
The American Association of Amateur Astronomers is proud to offer
you our AAAA Info Packet to help you get started in astronomy. This packet contains the following items.
- The AAAA booklet A Primer for the Beginning Stargazer.
- The booklet Getting Started in Astronomy by Sky & Telescope Magazine.
- The flyer Choosing Your First Telescope from Sky Publishing.
- A list of products available from Astronomical League Sales.
- A Packet of Observing Programs from the Astronomical League.
- Free AAAA logo ballpoint pen - suitable for filling out observing logs.
- Flyers and information about ALPO, NASA, and other astronomy and
space related activities.
Observing Programs from the
Messier Club - 70 object and 110
object levels for the telescope.
Herschel Club - 400 deep
sky objects for the telescope.
Herschel II Club -
400 more challenge
deep-sky objects for the telescope.
Binocular Messier Club - 50
of the best Messier objects for binoculars.
Deep Sky Binocular Club - 60 additional
deep sky objects for binoculars.
Southern Skies Binocular Club
- 50 of the finest objects in the Southern Hemisphere.
Double Star Club - 100 of the
finest double & multiple stars in the heavens.
Lunar Club - 100 features on the
moon for naked eye, binoculars, and telescope.
Meteor Club - observe a series of
meteor showers, and record your observations for ALPO.
Sunspotters Club - observe
and study sunspots and their cycles.
Arp Peculiar Galaxy Club -
image or observe 100 Arp galaxies.
Urban Club - observe 100 objects in
heavily light-polluted areas.
- learn to identify and observe asteroids and minor planets
Universe Sampler - a journey
through the universe for the beginner.
- 27 selected projects to introduce the pleasures of planetary observing.
More clubs will be added as we go. We will have a club to meet every individual's interest in this wonderful
hobby of ours.
If you would like to download the PDF file for each program, click
here to find out about
First Light Introductory Astronomy Kit
An Easy way to Get Started in Astronomy for under $100
Includes FREE Membership in the AAAA
It's A Small World
From: Nadim K. Nassar
To: John Wagoner
Subject: Welcome Package
Date: Wednesday, April 14, 1999 1:25 PM
Thanks very much for the Package you have sent to me. I am sure I will benefit from joining your Association.
Nadim K. Nassar
Sr. Project Controls Engineer
Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the American Association
of Amateur Astronomers.
Use your credit card or send your name and address along
with your check for $20.00 ($25.00 family) made payable to AAAA, to:
P.O. Box 7981
Dallas, TX 75209-0981
If your spouse thinks that a star party
is a rotten way to spend your anniversary ...
You MIGHT be an Amateur Astronomer!
The American Association of Amateur Astronomers
is a member society of the Astronomical League